Here are some pictures of our February fun. It's been snowy and cold again, so we've been home bound for a lot of the time, but we still manage to have fun :)
Eating graham crackers is a new favorite pastime...and her favorite spot to eat them is sitting perched on the bottom step. She is just tall enough to be able to sit up there.
And...again eating graham crackers. This time next to some cake decorating supplies, which are some of her favorite toys these days.
Here's the cake I made for Alex's 2nd birthday. I figured I'd put pictures up so people could see it...he unfortunately was under the weather and we didn't get to have his party. So I popped it into the freezer...unsure what it will look like in a couple of weeks, so here's what it originally looked like!
Another favorite pastime is playing with her new backpack :) Putting things in, taking things out, putting it on, taking it off, running while wearing the backpack, etc.
Every morning we see Daddy off to work. Hannah waves, and gives Greg about a half of a hug and no kisses (she is very stingy with hugs and kisses!), and then when I shut the door she tries to reach through the door to get him. Here's a typical morning.
On Monday, it was 32 degrees and snowing, with about 2 inches of snow in the yard. Perfect weather for playing in the snow for the first time. It was beautiful weather and we walked around for awhile, enjoying the "warm" temperature. She wouldn't keep her mittens on when she was playing in the snow, so that was kind of short-lived, but overall she really liked it. She loves being outside, and she seemed to like just looking at the snow coming down and feeling what the snow felt like in her fingers. I made some snow balls and she liked to hold onto those...and try to eat them, of course.
new snow boots!
little footprints
On Monday, I got a random free t-shirt in the mail for filling out a survey, and Hannah couldn't get enough of this t-shirt. She wanted to carry it around, so finally I just put it on her :) Notice the banana and my glove--her other favorite toys of that moment :) It's always some random household object that she wants to play with...the kitchen timer, the radio, the mouse from the computer, the mouse pad, an apple, the remote control, etc, etc.
That's it for now. Thanks for checking the blog, everyone!


That graham cracker picture on the stairs is sooo sweet- her little legs are just long enough to reach while sitting.Also the footprints in the snow- heartbreakingly sweet. It's funny how becoming a mother has made me such a sap... I well up with tears over anything to do with babies now- it's as if the pregnancy hormones never wore off!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys are doing very well. I love your cakes- I think I am going to make Kieran a spider cake for his 1st bday... tips on this process would be much appreciated!
Take care and lots of love,
Susan