Saturday, February 5, 2011

1st Haircut!

Shortly before her 2nd birthday, we decided it was time for Hannah's first haircut. As I'm typing this...I'm realizing that we waited a really long time to get this done! We had a hunch it wouldn't go well, and unfortunately we were right. We took her to the place where they only cut kids' hair...they have the car-shaped chairs, the televisions with cartoons, the lollipops, the sparkle hairspray, etc, etc. Unfortunately, none of this mattered to Hannah once she saw the evil barber's cape. For some reason she was terrified when they tried to put one of those capes on...and it took her the rest of the experience to recover :( We ended up having her sit on my lap while the very nice man, Oliver, and his very nice assistant, Jane?, tried everything they could think of to make her ok with this experience. But alas, we had to just try to distract her long enough that they could get the haircut done and we could get out of there! Here are some pictures taken after the haircut. I thought they did a fantastic job, especially considering the circumstances. My favorite quote from Oliver (which he said more than once) was "you know...she really has a lot of split ends" :) Really?! I guess that happens when you don't get your haircut for 2 years.




No comments:

Post a Comment