Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Apple Butter Day, Pumpkin Day, and More!



Hannah says...
The past week or so has been full of fun and visits with family and friends. We had our annual Wehmeyer family Apple Butter day on October 3rd, and we've been able to catch up with cousins John and Matthew, Great Aunt Linda, and numerous other relatives. We also had Pumpkin Day at Grandma and Papa A's house on October 4th. Papa grows a pumpkin patch and then invites all of the grandkids and their classmates out to pick them. There were tons of people there--I loved it!

This is me and Uncle Dave at Apple Butter. It was cold that day! Uncle Dave was worried about me not keeping my socks on...he loves me :)


Me and Gramma Jan at Apple Butter. I'm wearing my apple shirt, and I also have a sticker on my shirt that I got from one of the Sheriff's department Deputies that says "Junior Deputy" :)


Great Grandma Berndena, Great-Great Aunt Vernetta, and Great Aunt Linda at Apple Butter...


Vernetta and Cousin Alex...



Aunt Geni and Uncle Dave came up to visit with cousin John Voss and to eat BBQ in Kansas City. Aunt Geni, Maggie, and Sam stayed with me and mommy while the boys went out to eat, and we had so much fun! We went to the park and stayed up late playing out in the backyard. Maggie and Sam have tons of energy, and I love trying to keep up with them!




These are from Pumpkin Day--the first one is an overview of what Papa A's pumpkin patch looks like, and then there are some of me and the family enjoying Pumpkin Day.


Me and Grandma A!


Me, Mom, and Dad with Papa's biggest pumpkin!


Grace with all of the pumpkins that she carved names into. She carved names when the pumpkins were small, and then as they grew, the part that is carved became kind of bumpy and the name are more pronounced.


Some of the family in front of Papa A's new farm shed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Julia! What lovely memories you made today! You have such a wonderful family and looks like you all had a beautiful day. I love the pumpkin pics- puts me in the mood for fall! It was great seeing you at bookclub... I'm sorry I didn't get to say good-by and I hope I will see you again very soon! Take care and kisses to that little girl!

    ReplyDelete