Over Labor Day weekend, we went to South Dakota to visit the Drymalskis, our great friends and former neighbors. We had such a great time relaxing and catching up. It was beautiful weather, and we picked apples in their orchard and made apple cider. We even had time to watch a great Mizzou victory over Illinois on Saturday. The highlights of the trip for Hannah were getting to spend lots of time outside, getting to play with Nora and Nate, swinging on the playset, and watching the cats and dog. Thanks for the great visit, Mark and Mandi!

Nora and Nate getting ready to catch a spider (you can see the web to the left). They love critters!

Hannah swinging--she loved it!

We had a great time swinging. I think I see a swing set in our future...

This is the cider press. They are pouring the apples in, and then it grinds them up. Then you turn the crank to press all of the juice out of the apples, and it all pours out the bottom of the press.

Greg, Mandi, and Mark enjoying some fresh cider.

The finished product! Yummy cider.
I am so jealous that you got to make cider in a cider press... I wonder how the landlords would feel if I constructed one of those on our patio...
ReplyDelete