Thursday, August 12, 2010

More summer fun!

Here's a post that I started in July that I just finished :) Trying to get caught up!!

We're having a great summer. It's been SO hot--as I look at the thermometer right now it says 100. We've been trying to get outside early in the morning and then keeping busy throughout the day with cooler activities like Gymboree class, playing at friends' houses, and going to the pool. To go along with the hot weather, Hannah's decided that popsicles are her new favorite food :) She frequently asks for them at about 8:00 in the morning...well, at that point she has been up for about 3 hours, so maybe she thinks it's snacktime!

Hannah also recently spent the night at her house with her two grandmas (see picture)

while Mommy and Daddy were out on "vacation" celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary. We went to Weston (small town 25 minutes from here) and had a great time...wineries, great restaurants, topped off with a movie at the AMC Mainstreet in downtown KC. What an amazing theater! I think Greg's quote was..."I think this is one of the best experiences I've ever been a part of." :) Really, if you haven't been, you should try it...huge reclining chairs, a waitress to bring you food/drink during the movie including warm cookies and milk...it really doesn't get much better than this :) But enough about that! Hannah is doing great and talking up a storm...she talks like a 2 year old and I fear is hitting the "terrible twos" a little early as well. Temper tantrums are not rare for this determined little lady. We're trying to get a hold on this early, but I think it may be my pay-back for being a "terrible two" myself back in the day. I had quite the skill at throwing a fierce tantrum, and Hannah is no less determined. She wanted to swim on her own...no floatie...not being held...nothing...the other day. And when I told her I needed to hold her, an all-out arms-flinging, feet-kicking brawl ensued :) Fun stuff at the neighborhood pool. She got over it quickly though, and we retreated to the baby pool (temperature approximately 103 degrees!).

And here are some other pictures of summer fun...

Here is Hannah having her first taste of frozen custard...


And afterward here is her making the sign for "more" as fast as she possibly can :) She can say it, but her mouth was probably too full at that point to say it!


Having fun playing outside...


and having fun playing inside with mom...


Here's Hannah and her daddy getting ready to go to the Farmer's Market. There is a cute little farmer's market on the Liberty Square (a couple of miles from our house) that we go to each weekend.


You can't really see this too well, but Hannah loves putting on other peoples' shoes. Here is her with her daddy's shoes on...and using the shoe horn (just like Daddy) to put them on :)



Here are a few pictures from a great summer day when we went to Crown Center with our friends April and Olivia. Olivia and Hannah are exactly the same age (to the day!). It's kind of tough to get a good picture with them together, but we had a lot of fun that day at the Clifford Exhibit and then at the spray ground outside Crown Center. Since then, Olivia has welcomed a new little sister who Hannah talks about all the time and refers to as "teenie baby".






One milestone this summer was Hannah learning to climb and play on the big-kid playgrounds. We go to quite a few parks and playgrounds, and she can climb up, slide down, and run with the big kids now. There are very few times that she actually needs help on the playground now. She loves the slides and also likes to swing (usually on the toddler swing, but sometimes on the big-kid swings as well).




Playing at Gigi A's house with all of the dolls! Hannah loves to hoard things together and carry them from one location to another. This time it was all of the dolls at Gigi's house. She loves the dolls and rocks them, pretends to feed them, etc.



Visiting with Gigi and Vernetta at Gigi's house. Hannah has learned that there are good treats at Gigi's house. Recently when I told her we were going to visit Gigi, she said "chocolate doughnut?!" She did indeed have a little chocolate doughnut the last time we were there!


A family picture from Deborah's wedding in August...a fun time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment