So...prior to having kids, Apple Butter Day was a day of relaxing, sitting around chatting, enjoying lunch (and seconds for lunch), stirring the kettle, etc. Now that Hannah is an active toddler, the day is much different and much busier. The day was spent chasing her and her cousins around, playing "apple hunt" and trying to grab a bite to eat whenever the kids slowed down long enough to do so. I don't think I got any pictures of the actual apple-butter making process this year, which I guess is a good indicator of how the day was spent.
Here are the few pictures I did catch with my cell phone.
Hannah is running just as fast as she can to find some apples in the "apple hunt" :)

The cousins hunting apples with DiDi.



Hannah savoring her very own apple :) This was the first day she was allowed to eat a "whole" apple that wasn't cut up into very small pieces. She has been wanting to for quite some time so this was a big thrill.
No comments:
Post a Comment